The Department of Invasive Cardiology performs integral diagnosis and treatment of all cardiovascular diseases and we are unique in this aspect for Bulgaria. We perform endovascular therapy (of catheter type) of:
- Coronary, Peripheral, Visceral and Cerebral Atherosclerosis
- Acute Coronary, Cerebral and Peripheral Vascular Syndromes
- Aortic Aneurysm Dissecans
- Aneurysms of the Cerebral Arteries
- Resistant Arterial Hypertension
- Venous Stenosis and Thrombosis
- Pulmonary Thromboembolism
- Adjustments of Cardiovascular Malformations.
The Department is a part of the Clinic of Cardiology and Angiology. This provides opportunities for a comprehensive approach in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases which is unique for Bulgaria. In addition, the Department of Invasive Cardiology works in collaboration with the Department of Angiology, the Department of Invasive Neurological Surgery and the Department of Invasive Electrophysiology and Cardiac stimulation and it is an integral part of the following:
- Centre for early diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of Multifocal Atherosclerosis,
- Centre for Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (or CCSVI) and
- Centre for diagnosis and treatment of Pulmonary Thromboembolism (PE).
The Department of Invasive Cardiology works in close collaboration with the Departments of Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery and Diagnostic Imaging.
The team of the Department consists of 7 invasive surgeons with rich experience. Heads of the Department are Mr. Ivo Petrov, Associate Professor, and Mr. Kostadin Kichukov, MD.
The Department performs two main types of activities – Outpatient Care & Consulting and Hospital Care.